[Faccus] Fw: [ist-mgmt] PHY server room power outage

Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 26 08:03:59 EDT 2012

Fyi

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Timmerman [mailto:mtimm at uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 08:01 AM
To: Dave Wallace
Cc: IST Management <ist-mgmt at lists.uwaterloo.ca>; CSS Staff <ist-css at lists.uwaterloo.ca>; IST Helpdesk
Subject: Re: [ist-mgmt] PHY server room power outage

The CAS service is now operational. It was configured to use a
round-robin DNS setup. That means sometimes it worked (when connecting
to a server in MC) and sometimes it failed (when trying to connect to a
server in PHY). We changed the configuration to get it working by 7:50am.

UW Plant Operations is on site and they tried to restart electrical
power without success. I am told they are now waiting for parts and/or
repair personnel.

There are also network outages related to areas in that proximity,
affecting all Science and Optometry users.