[Faccus] co-op students sought for LEARN (D2L) feedback sessions

chappell at uwaterloo.ca chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 10 09:54:58 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,
The group that supports the learning management system, LEARN (based on
Desire2Learn software), would like to hold student focus groups this
summer to ask students for feedback on their use of LEARN and other
aspects of their online learning experience. Your department likely hires
co-op students and we would very much appreciate a bit of their time to
take part in a focus group. We're anticipating about 2 hours of
commitment.

If you or someone in your area have co-op students working with you, and
you would be willing to have them participate in a feedback session for
about 2 hours, please contact me. I'm looking for the name and email of
the student's supervisor so I can contact him/her directly, and from the
supervisor, the name and email of the students so we can contact him/her
to set up a suitable time for the session. We will apprise the supervisor
of the times when we would like the student to take part.

We expect to hold the feedback sessions in late July or early August with
10 to 12 students in each of two sessions (or more).

Thank you for your time, and I hope you can help us! Please pass this
email along to others if you know of areas with co-op (or other) students.
Regards,
Andrea Chappell (x33779, andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca)
Director of Instructional Technologies and Multimedia Services, IST
 on behalf of the Learning Environment Operations (LEO) group.