[Faccus] If Outlook reports that you are unable to send email as yourself....

Trevor Bain etbain at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 29 09:07:31 EDT 2012

We just had a report of a person with a Connect account that could receive email but could not send email using Outlook. Any attempt to send email resulted in a message stating that the person did not have permission to send as that user account.

The root cause of this problem is that we removed the last of the "SendAs" permissions that referred to ADS accounts last night. This process was run against all IST-based Connect accounts last week with no issues reported. This particular person had cached credentials for sending email that still referenced their ADS account. The person was logging in to a non-Nexus workstation so the logged on credentials did not work and the locally cached (ADS) credentials were used for sending but not receiving.

The solution is to purge the cached credentials on the workstation and re-launch Outlook (for instructions, see: http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/connectinfo/clear-credentials.html).

Trevor

--
Trevor Bain, IST