[Faccus] problems accessing LEARN (D2L) - following up with D2L

Andrea Chappell chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 19 14:14:55 EDT 2012

Hello all,
D2L's email facility is slow in sending so we are getting their updates
in a rather delayed manner. We have been on the phone too, but we don't
know much more than the updates tell us. The problem is with networking
at the site. It appears to have started at 11:35am today. They have
people working on it. That's as much as we know, and have no estimate as
yet as to a resolution time. I'll send more news as we receive any
significant updates.

We posted the announcement to LEARN, but that's not particularly
effective since many people are not able to access it, or receive errors
when they do. We are not able to effect a "redirect" because we do not
control the site. We have recommended to D2L support that if the outage
is to continue, if they can put in place a redirect, do so, and that
page would indicate to people that the site is down.
Andrea