[Faccus] problems accessing LEARN (D2L) - following up with D2L

Andrea Chappell chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 19 13:28:35 EDT 2012

Hello,
You may be hearing from your constituents of a problem on LEARN this
afternoon. While you can eventually get to the system, it is very
(unusably) slow. I have not yet managed to post an announcement, but the
text of what I will put up is copied below. We will follow up with
another message when we know more, or when it seems resolved. We are not
the only ones affected, as Laurier seems to have problems, and the D2L
site itself seems to be unavailable. Not good news.

"LEARN is experiencing very slow response because of problems at the
hosting facility. We are awaiting an explanation and a resolution from
Desire2Learn. We apologize for this inconvenience and have raised the
problem of multiple recent outages with them."