[Faccus] OnBase and Firefox

Marg Stephenson mstephenson at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 13 10:24:55 EST 2012

Good morning OnBase users and support staff,

The makers of OnBase, along with Waterloo's IST department, are working diligently to keep up with the latest releases of Firefox.  Three new Firefox versions have been released in the past six weeks.

If you do use Firefox as your browser when using OnBase, please read below for two issues and their solutions:

Issue #1: You are using Firefox version 9/10, on a PC or Mac, and you use OnBase 'Document Retrieval'.  You may experience that the FIND icon (i.e. the binoculars icon on the bottom left of the 'Document Retrieval' window) does not work as expected.  The short-term solution is to click the CLEAR ALL icon (i.e. the left arrow icon found 3 icons to the right of the FIND icon) once.  After that, your FIND icon will work as expected for the remainder of your OnBase session.  We have been supplied with a fix for this issue from the makers of OnBase.  IST is testing this fix and we will notify you when the fix has been applied in the OnBase production environment.

Issue #2: You are using Firefox, on a Mac, and your PDF documents do not open easily within OnBase.  This issue is due to a missing PDF browser plug-in for Firefox on your Mac.  The solution is to install (discuss with your support staff, as required) a PDF browser plug-in, such as the one below (please select either personal or academic use when installing the plug-in below):

http://www.schubert-it.com/pluginpdf

Please let me know if you experience any other issues with Firefox when using OnBase.

Thank you,
Marg

Margaret Stephenson, BMath
200 University Ave. W., MC6236