[Faccus] IT Professional Development Seminar

Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 10 10:13:12 EST 2012

Topic:     Educause Sessions:
           Mobile Strategy at George Washington University;
           University of Virginia's Different Approach to Providing Student Computer Labs
Date:      Friday January 13
Time:      9:00 am to 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009

The Educause 2011 conference took place from October 19-21, 2010  in Philadelphia. Educause is a conference about IT in higher education, be it administrative, teaching and learning, research, infrastructure and other IT topics.

In this Friday morning seminar two Educause sessions will be replayed. The first session describes George Washington University's mobile strategy. We are starting to organize our mobile strategy  at the University of Waterloo, and this session may provide some ideas. The second seminar is a completely different topic that describes how the University of Virginia took a completely different approach to providing student computer labs. Whether or not we would ever copy this approach at the University of Waterloo, it's certainly worth thinking about. After viewing the sessions, there will be an opportunity to discuss both topics.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca