[Faccus] Changes to ADS starting today - heads-up

Pat Lafranier pllafranier at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 29 14:17:42 EST 2011

Changes within ADS starting today

As previously announced in October, user objects (meaning "the userids you sign in with") are being moved into the new "People" container in ADS to prepare for the subsequent move to Nexus. Although this was to begin November 3rd, we were delayed and are proceeding now. If you are receiving this email, then your 'user object' will be moved sometime today. All others will be moved in the next two days starting at 9:30am tomorrow (Nov 30).

What this means is these user objects will be moved from their current location (Organizational Unit or OU) into a new one that has been configured the same as where they are now. Group Policies have been mirrored to the new location and unless something is accidently missed, moving the object should have no effect on the user object.

Although we anticipate a smooth process, if you log into ADS and notice that you do not have all of your automatically assigned resources (i.e. N:, T: and R: drives) or you can no longer get to other resources you could get to before, because of a possible security group change, please notify the IST Helpdesk at ext 84357 or helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:helpdesk at uwaterloo.ca> so the issue can be addressed promptly.

Thank you.