[Faccus] Please reply asap if you have Undergrad co-ops who own a smartphone, and can spare him/her for one hour tomorrow a.m.!

Andrea Chappell chappell at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 3 14:41:02 EDT 2011

Hello,
Desire2Learn has asked for undergrad students for a focus session on
Mobile use. *If you have an undergrad co-op who you could spare for 1
hour, either 10:00 -11:00am or 11:00 - noon tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct.
4th,* PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

My methods for getting students has not worked well so far and I'd
really like this focus session to go ahead if possible. I've provided
more information below, and I'll get back to you for the location.

Thanks for any help you can provide on such short notice!
Andrea
-----
D2L is keen to have input from Waterloo students and has asked for
undergraduate students for a mobile focus groups. The sessions will be
facilitated by D2L. If you are interested in participating, *please
email andrea.chappell at uwaterloo.ca*.

The sessions would run on Tuesday, October 4th (location to be set
later, but should be on campus).
10:00 - 11:00AM: Focus Group 1, up to 6 undergrad students
11:00 - noon: Focus Group 2, up to 6 undergrad students

Mobile use - 12 undergraduate students (all Faculties) *who own a
smartphone* (iPhone, Android phone, Blackberry, or similar)
- two focus groups of six students, each group meeting for a one hour
session;
- Desire2Learn employee facilitates a discussion on how students use
mobile phones and tablets today as well as exploring the problems they face;
- students need to sign a participation agreement;
- you'll be given a $15 gift card as an incentive.