[Faccus] IT Professional Development Seminar

Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 6 09:16:00 EDT 2011

Topic:     Project Updates:
             Waterloo Content Management System (Drupal)
             Learning Management System (D2L)
             Active Directory
             Exchange Calendar
             Software Distribution via the Web
Date:      Friday September 9
Time:      9:00 am to 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Eva Grabinski, Andrea Chappell, Erick Engelke, Will Lewis

Each of our speakers will provide a 10 minute update about the work that has been done on their project during the summer months. Eva will summarize the activities of the WCMS project in order to get ready for the pilots being launched in the Fall term, Andrea will bring everyone up to date about the migration to D2L, which courses will be using D2L in the Fall term, training, etc. Erick will talk about the work done to date, and what's next to do to move the campus to a new Active Directory/Nexus environment. Now that we have been using Exchange Calendar for a while, there may be things you still struggle with and/or other features you wish it had. This is Will's topic. As well, Will has been looking into offering more software from the web, and will talk about plans and challenges along the way.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca