[Faccus] Message sent to active NEXUS users with invalid home directories

William Lewis rwlewis at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 1 14:26:43 EDT 2011

I have emailed 349 NEXUS users who have an issue with their account because of work done on the AD Consolidation project. These users have logged into NEXUS since September 1, 2010, but also have a home directory location on NEXUS that references the server "jam". They will not have access to jam from NEXUS and the N drive will show as disconnected.

There are another 254 users who are affected but I have not contacted them since they have not used NEXUS in the last year.

The message read as follows:

We regret to inform you that as part of the AD Consolidation project, your NEXUS account has been modified in a way that may make it difficult for you to login to NEXUS, access your NEXUS N drive, or use podium machines. We believe that you likely use your ADS account for everyday work, and your ADS account will not be affected. If you do require access to your NEXUS account, please test a few days before you need it and contact request at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:request at uwaterloo.ca> or your faculty helpdesk with any problems you encounter.

--
R. William Lewis
Computing Consultant