[Faccus] Office 2010 Pro Plus

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 23 10:39:41 EDT 2011

Afternoon all,
As some of you are aware, we have been having issues with the activation code for Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus.
A meeting took place with deployment reps from each faculty, library and IST to discuss how best to resolve the current concerns and move forward with future deployment of Office. In order to fix the problems, we will be making changes as to how the software is distributed as outlined below:

*         A KMS (Key Management Service) server has been set up for ADS and Nexus managed machines. When deploying Office, it should automatically point to the KMS server for the activation code.

*         For non-managed machines, a new activation code will be issued. A copy of this new code will be sent to each rep that attended the meeting and will also be available in the CHIP, MC1052. Please, note that the media will not be changing just the activation code.

*         For our home use clause, users will purchase an individual copy of Office 2010 (Windows) or Office 2011 (Mac) for the cost of $15.00 a copy in the CHIP, MC1052 - it will no longer be distributed through the faculties, library or Admin areas. Each copy of the software will have a unique activation code. Home use media is for Grad students. Home use media is also for faculty/staff that have a copy of Office on their work machine. Please, note that you are allowed one copy for a home machine; it must be the same platform as your work machine.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the changes, do not hesitate to contact me.

Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Sandy

Sandra Laughlin
License Coordinator