[Faccus] Office 2010 SP1

Tim Farrell tim at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 12 16:01:24 EDT 2011

On June 28 Office 2010 SP1 arrived on the campus WSUS server and was immediately approved for Vanguard machines. There were some problems reported on a few Library machines so General release was delayed. Further testing was done by releasing the service pack to IST and several machines reported the same 0x80070643 error code. In most cases another reboot or two fixes the install. If this does not work I read online an unusual suggestion which was tried on a failing IST and Library machine with success.

1.       Signon to machine with administrative account

2.       Manually download Office 2010 SP1 from MS

3.       Insert "any" data cd in computer

4.       Run install

On Wednesday July 13 morning I am going to approve Office 2010 SP1 for General release (except for the Library) unless there are any objections.

Tim Farrell
Information Systems and Technology, MC-1036, University of Waterloo.
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1 * 519-888-4567 X35189