Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 31 18:58:22 EST 2011

Topic:     Cfengine Configuration Management on Linux
Date:      Friday February 4
Time:      9:00 am to 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Shawn Winnington-Ball
Keeping system configurations consistent among dozens of UNIX systems can be a gruelling task. Cfengine is designed to make your life as a UNIX administrator just a bit easier. This talk will focus on the implementation details of IST UNIX's Cfengine system, currently active on 120+ Linux hosts. We will demonstrate bare-metal client and server Cfengine deployments, show some of the ways we have chosen to use Cfengine, and discuss our future use of configuration management tools.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca