[Faccus] Spam from CS student 'vwkng' (www.crowdy.com)

Jason Testart jatestart at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 23 14:46:04 EST 2010

  I am sure most of you are aware of the spam sent from 'vwkng' last
night, about 'www.crowdy.com', to approximately 10,000 undergraduate
students.  We're pretty confident that this is not a case of an account
compromise.  We believe that the spam did in fact come from the
student.  CSCF is leading an investigation into this issue following the
procedure in Policy 71.

jt

--
Jason A. Testart, BMath               | Voice: +1-519-888-4567 x38393
Manager, IT Security                  | Fax: +1-519-884-4398