Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 17 09:02:25 EST 2010

Topic:     Open Data Initiative
Date:      Friday November 19
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Giles Malet

UW has recognized a growing need to make some of our data freely available to those who ask for it, in a format that is useful, and up to date. Although this is partly in response to the increasing interests and demands of mobile device users, a central repository of such data could be useful to many different users and groups. This talk will look at what we've done so far, why, and where we hope to go. It will cover some of the same information as Giles' WatITis talk in December.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca