[Faccus] Tentative IE8 WSUS Release Date

Tim Farrell tim at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 27 11:25:12 EDT 2010

IST's Information Systems (IS) group has announced that by mid December 2010 all the administrative applications they oversee will be compliant with Internet Explorer (IE) 8. A firm release date on the campus WSUS servers has not been set yet pending a determination of the final IE-based, online exam in December. I will announce this date to this group as soon as it is determined.

>From Ravindri Kulatunga IST Information Systems group.

Subsequent to my brief update on the current status of UW Admin/Corporate Applications' compatibility with IE8, at the WNAG meeting on 15-Sep-2010, here's the latest..

All 3 IS Group directors together with their project teams have informed me that the Admin Apps we support will indeed be IE8 compliant by 15th Dec 2010.  The Apps of concern on Sep 15th, are all due to be upgraded in the next 2 months.  So, SUN IDM, OnBase and CLASS(Athletics) will be fully IE8 compliant by then.

WSUS administrators may plan to deploy IE8 on or after 15th Dec 2010.

If administrators have concerns or questions about a specific App, please make them known to the IS Group via an RT or other mechanism already in place for that App.

Tim Farrell
Information Systems and Technology, MC-1036, University of Waterloo.
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1 * 519-888-4567 X35189