Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 18 14:04:36 EDT 2010

Topic:     Active Directory Consolidation Project
Date:      Friday May 21, 2010
Time:      9:15 am - 10:00 am *** Please note this time ***
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Erick Engelke, Bruce Campbell

Last year CTSC struck a subcommittee to look at the opportunities and issues of consolidating campus Active Directories, particularly ADS and Nexus. Meeting with many IT teams on campus, we collected the major concerns and set about designing a solution which addressed those concerns. The result is an AD which bears similarity to our existing domains, picking best features of both, but also using new technology Microsoft has added since our initial AD deployments in 2001.

At this presentation we will present the highlights of the process, and the decisions we made.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca