Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 11 14:10:51 EST 2009

Topic:     Educause 2009 Highlights
Date:      Friday November 13, 2009
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Andrea Chappell

Educause in Denver, CO<http://www.educause.edu/E2009> - IT at Altitude Educause is a conference for IT in Education, be it administrative, teaching and learning, research, infrastructure and other IT topics.

Andrea Chappell of IST will bring to the seminar highlights from the sessions she attended. For the first time, Educause was available for online participation and audio/video and presentation materials are available from many of the sessions. The general sessions were as usual excellent, with the lead keynote on "Good to Great" (Jim Collins, on why some companies survive and thrive and others wane, under the same conditions, and what we can learn from that) and another on "Getting our Values around Copyright Right" (Lawence Lessig, a founding member of the Creative Commons, a wonder with PowerPoint, and a passionate speaker on reducing legal restrictions on copyright). Other sessions on which Andrea will touch include online learning, cloud computing, green IT, and career choices.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca