Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 19 15:00:45 EDT 2009

Topic:     Web Application Security
Date:      Friday October 23, 2009
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speakers:  Terry Labach, Jason Testart

The vast majority of user interfaces to information systems found campus-wide are web-based, yet we have traditionally focussed the bulk of our security efforts on networks and operating systems.  Given the plethora of personal information that could be exposed from a security breach, and the number of web-based attacks we encounter daily, web application security cannot be ignored.

This seminar will cover common vulnerabilities being exploited in web applications and resources to assist developers in improving the security of application code.  Automated scanning tools for the discovery of web application vulnerabilities will also be discussed

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca