[Faccus] IST Professoinal Development Seminar

Robert J H Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 20 13:07:45 EDT 2009

Topic:     Making Audio and Video Accessible
Date:      Friday May 22
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Location:  MC 2009
Speaker:   Alan Kirker

The proposed AODA Accessible Information & Communication Standard indicates that instructional materials will need to be made available in accessible formats. One area that requires our attention is the provision of audio and video transcripts and captions. Alan Kirker from ITMS will give an overview of what is currently available in terms of transcribing and captioning technology, and review issues relating to cost, time and accuracy. We'll also speculate as to what is on the horizon in this important realm with the goal to enhance accessibility in teaching and learning environments.

Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca