[Faccus] Software

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 14 16:29:01 EDT 2009

Afternoon all

It has been brought to my attention that software purchasing has been
discussed in different IT groups on campus.

Even though we can't centrally site license every software package that is
used on campus, I am happy to assist in individual or group purchases.

This also educates me on what is being used across campus and possibly bring
groups together to get better deals.

I have numerous resellers that I deal with and the majority of time we can
obtain an educational discount for our purchases.

I will add this to the next FACCUS agenda for discussion but in the
meantime, please contact me if you would like assistance in your software
purchases.

Thanks!

Sandy

Sandra Laughlin