Robert J H Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 25 10:11:13 EDT 2009

Topic:     Graduate Admissions Project / Document Management System
Date:      Friday March 27
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Derek Kirkland

This seminar will be an informal status presentation for GAP/DMS (Graduate Admissions Project / Document Management System). This session will explain what GAP/DMS is, and how the project evolved, as well as how OnBase was chosen as the institutional software vehicle for administrative document management. Derek will discuss the pilot project, software limitations, what we are doing to fix some serious problems with the vendor software, what our future plans are for GAP/DMS (especially as they affect faculty users - i.e. faculty reviews and Active X deployment) and will touch on future institutional projects. Derek will also talk a bit about the legal certification UW is pursuing to enable electronic documents to have legal status. Time for questions/answers will also be accommodated.

Interim Director
Client Services, Information Systems and Technology
Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2010
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca