Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 27 09:13:24 EDT 2008

Topic:     IST Videoconferencing Room Demonstration
Date:      Friday May 30, 2008
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Koorus Bookan

A couple of months ago we held a Friday morning seminar on the topic of
videoconferencing at UW. Since then we've set up IST's videoconferencing
room, in MC2009. The videoconferencing equipment is from Tandberg. The room
is set up with three screens: the existing data projector screen, augmented
by two large screen panels mounted on the front and side walls. This set up
allows for a number of scenarios, depending upon where the presenter is
located (locally or remotely) and the capabilities and compatibilities of
the other end's system. While the room has not been advertised as available
yet, it already has had a few customers. Koorus Bookan will put it through
its paces during this Friday's seminar. He will also talk about the
videoconferencing management component, and a streaming and capturing add-on
that we are evaluating.

Senior Computing Consultant
Client Services, Information Systems and Technology
Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2029
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca