Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 11 15:36:52 EDT 2008

IST Professional Development Seminar

Topic:     Videoconferencing is on the Rise at UW
Date:      Friday March 14, 2008
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Andrea Chappell, Koorus Bookan

Videoconferencing rooms and equipment have been appearing across campus for
some time. You may be familiar with the LINK rooms in Science (set up for a
joint grad program between UW and Guelph), the bookable Engineering room,
the drama department's recent use for a remote and locally run play, and
others. Further needs have been identified recently, with at least four more
room installations being considered. IST will play a role in providing some
central support for the people who own and operate these facilities, and
we'll even have one of our own soon. From ITMS, Koorus Bookan, who worked on
videoconferencing in his LT3 days, and Andrea Chappell, will talk about what
is already on campus, what new facilities are being considered, what support
IST is starting to offer through ITMS, and what support we may offer in
future.(Unfortunately, the videoconferencing equipment that is to be set up
in MC2009 for demonstration is not ready yet, so we can't give the actual
demo in this presentation. Sorry!)