[Faccus] Call for proposals for "Ontario Universities Computing Conference (OUCC) 2008" (May 25 - 27, York/OCAD)

Andrea Chappell chappell at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 29 12:08:12 EST 2008

Hello,
Hot on the heels of the call for CANHEIT comes the call for OUCC! You
can take your pick of where to present or otherwise participate.

See more at:
http://oucc2008.yorku.ca/

Ontario Universities Computing Conference (OUCC) 2008
The Expanding Campus: Anytime, Anywhere
Sunday 25 May to Tuesday 27 May 2008
York University and the Ontario College of Art & Design

Our campuses are expanding physically and virtually and technology
change is facilitating that growth. Student and faculty populations are
larger, more diverse and geographically dispersed. At the same time,
this population is becoming more open to and dependent on technology to
facilitate their learning and busy lifestyles: listening to lectures on
iPods, video-conferencing, emailing and accessing course notes.
Expectations on IT departments are increasing to support new
initiatives, including expanded support for new and existing backend
systems, networks, servers, labs, laptops, printers, personal
peripherals and mobile devices. How can we expand our campus in a
sustainable and efficient way, with fewer resources, and provide an
anytime, anywhere, high-quality experience for students, faculty and staff?

We are interested in your successes, best practices and innovative
approaches to the increasing demands of our anytime, anywhere
educational environment. If you’re excited about a topic, but are
concerned about how it fits within the theme of OUCC 2008, please submit
your proposal: we want to encourage great ideas.

Please submit proposals by Friday 22 February 2008 at 4:00pm.