Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jan 16 10:43:14 EST 2008

IST Professional Development Seminar

Topic:     Video, Audio, Streaming, Compression - A Campus Interest Group
Date:      Friday January 18, 2008
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Diane Naughton, Multimedia Producer & Interface Designer

This session is intended to bring together people on campus who have
interest in multimedia for the web, whether they are gurus already, or
starting in the area.  Many small groups and individuals work with
multimedia for the web and if we knew their specialities, we could
collaborate more effectively.

The purpose of this seminar:

1.  A brief overview of the ITMS Studio and what services we provide.
2.  Collect contact information for people to share ideas to make our jobs
easier, faster, and to achieve better quality.
3.  Form an interest group that meets monthly (or communicates as agreed) to
continue sharing ideas.

Some goals for the group:
.         Share information and interest areas.
.         Help to raise campus awareness and collaboration for those
creating multimedia for the web.
.         Provide helpful input (e.g., on compression standards) to other
campus web groups (e.g., Web Advisory Group).

Senior Computing Consultant
Client Services, Information Systems and Technology
Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2029
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca