Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 9 23:43:33 EDT 2007

IST Professional Development Seminar

Topic:     PHP Injection Attacks
Date:      Friday October 12, 2007
Time:      9:00 am - 9:45 am
Room:      MC 2009
Speaker:   Reg Quinton
PHP <http://php.net>  is a popular, and powerful, programming language
supported by most Apache web <http://httpd.apache.org/>  servers -- on our
campus Apache/PHP is the most popular Unix web server and, as a consequence,
one of the most popular targets for attackers. In this seminar Reg will talk
about "PHP Injection Attacks", more commonly known as "Remote File Include"
attacks. We have experienced several over the years. The discussion will try
to answer several questions: What are they? What do they do? What can we do
about them? How can we detect them? etc. with real world examples taken from
our experiences.