[Faccus] reminder, CANHEIT 2007 now open for registration

Roger Watt rwwatt at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 2 15:41:15 EDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:46:26 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Roger Watt <rwwatt at uwaterloo.ca>
>
> I am pleased to announce that the program for CANHEIT 2007 is online and
> the website is now open for registration ...
> http://canheit.uwaterloo.ca/
>
> The early registration fee is $350, now through April 30, and then $450
> starting May 1.
>
> We had to impose a limit of 450 attendees because of the sizes of the
> largest session room and one of the evening social events. That is
> around a hundred greater than the number of attendees last year.
> However, there is no Ontario Universities Computing Conference (OUCC)
> when CANHEIT is in Ontario. In the hope of avoiding potential
> oversubscription from the Ontario universities, we have asked Ontario's
> CIOs/Directors to delay registrations from their institutions until
> March 30, to give opportunity to the universities in the other
> provinces.

The registration count is 179 as of 15:00 today. Thank you for your
cooperation in holding back until now.

PS: We have been asked about the possibility of one-day registrations. If
we believe we are not in danger of reaching the 450-capacity constraints,
we will indeed add one-day registrations. However, we want to stay on the
cautious side, so we are deferring the decision until May 1, after the
early-registration period is over.

--
Roger Watt
chair, CANHEIT 2007 Organizing Committee