[Faccus] IST software updates

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 14 16:42:07 EDT 2007

Afternoon all:
I have a couple of software updates to send your way, the first one
has been recommended by the
recently completed BlackBerry project.

Synchronizing your BlackBerry with Bookit

If you've wanted to synchronize your BlackBerry calendar with Bookit, a
wireless solution is now available to you.

IST has licensed the Nexthaus SyncJe client for faculty and staff who use
BlackBerry handheld devices. This software allows you to synchronize your
BlackBerry Calendar with the Oracle Calendar service "Bookit". The software
synchronizes "Bookit" data over the BlackBerry's wireless network. As a
result, calendar updates can be delivered in a timely fashion to the device
without the need to be connected to a computer.

The license form, device requirements and installation instructions can be
found on the IST website:
http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/admin/nexthaus.html
http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/cs/bb/NextHausConfig.html

Microsoft updates:
         Vista Business (upgrade only)
         Office 2007 Professional Plus and Enterprise versions.

Adobe upgrades:
         Acrobat 8 - currently we have the Windows version for
distribution and expect to have the Mac within the week.

For more information, please visit our
<http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/istweb/software.html>software pages.

Sandra Laughlin
  License Coordinator
Waterloo ON Canada N2L 3G1
(519)888-4567, x32014     Fax: (519)888-4331