[Faccus] CANHEIT 2007 "Call for Participation"

Andrea Chappell chappell at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Dec 11 11:14:39 EST 2006

The CANHEIT2007 Program Committee is pleased to issue our Call for
Participation. Waterloo and Laurier are co-hosting this Canadian Higher
Education IT conference, held from May 27th to 30th, 2007.

===

CANHEIT 2007 Call for Participation and NEW "Call for Topics"
<http://canheit.uwaterloo.ca/participation.php>

We invite you to present at the CANHEIT 2007 conference, hosted by
University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University, from May 27th to
30th, 2007.

"The Power of Collaboration" is this year's theme. In a keynote address
at CANHEIT 2006, Dr. Brad Wheeler told us that collaboration is not an
option, it is imperative. We liked this idea enough to make it the theme
for CANHEIT 2007!

Call for Participation: Giving a presentation at your CANHEIT conference
is one way to collaborate. This is an opportunity to share your
expertise and your experiences, help others, and also receive their
input and ideas. There are presentation formats to suit your topic and
style: individual talks, panel sessions, or a "birds-of-a-feather" (BoF)
forum. First-time presenters are always welcome! The suggested program
streams are:

- eLearning
- Infrastructure
- Engaging Clients in Services and Support
- Information and Administrative Systems
- Management and Strategy

To submit your proposal, please visit the CANHEIT 2007 website:
http://canheit.uwaterloo.ca

You need first to register with the CANHEIT website through the Login.
Once registered and logged in, click on the "Call for Participation"
menu item and you will see a submission form. Just fill out the
information and click Submit.

* The deadline for submitting your proposal abstract (maximum of 100
words) is Wednesday, February 28th, 2007. *

NEW! Call for Topics: This year we invite you to put out your own call!
What are you hoping to learn at this CANHEIT? What topics are of
interest to you? Maybe someone would present or lead a BoF on that topic
if he/she knew others would be interested too. Let us know what you want
to hear by filling out the form via the "Call for Topics" menu item.

Let's collaborate at CANHEIT!

Thank you, from your CANHEIT 2007 Program Committee.