Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 6 15:00:31 EST 2006

Title:    ID Management
Date:     Friday December 8
Time:     9:00 - 9:45 am
Speaker:  Connie van Oostveen
Room:     MC 2009

UW's experience with "online phonebooks" and "corporate directories" dates
back to the early 1980s. These tools have evolved into what we know today
as UWdir, which includes a repository of campus entities and also
authentication services. Requests for new capabilities, the need to deal
with a more complex audit and regulatory framework and the desire for a
more robust and easily-maintained infrastructure, have led to the search
for a commercial solution. This seminar will focus on the case for a new
Identity Management system and our progress to date.

Bob Hicks
Senior Computing Consultant
Client Services, Information Systems and Technology
Office: Math and Computer Building, Room 2029
Phone: (519) 888-4567, x32194
Fax: (519) 888-4331
Email: bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca