[Faccus] LISA 2005 Conference Highlights Seminar

Bob Hicks bjhicks at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 16 15:44:12 EST 2006

Robyn asked me to pass this along to FACCUS. Could you also forward to
anyone in your faculty that you think might be interested.

Topic: LISA 2005 Highlights
Speaker: Robyn Landers, MFCF
Date: Wednesday November 22
Time: 1:30-3:30
Location: MC5158

In December 2005, UW sent six people to the annual USENIX LISA
(Large Installation System Administration) conference.
This talk will cover various highlights, such as:

- summary of the plenary session talk by Matt Blaze
- Solaris 10 and its many significant enhancements over earlier versions
- a round-table workshop on University Issues, from which emerged many
   interesting ideas, some stark contrasts to how we do things here,
   and some success stories about things some of us wish we would do here
- wacky and imaginative approaches to system administration
- practical project management for system administrators
- outline of some of the invited talks and refereed papers