[Faccus] recommendations on student PC purchases

Stephen Markan smarkan at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 26 16:17:02 EDT 2006

RAM (or lack of it) is the usually the biggest concern. The other occasional
concern is the  ability of Video Card/Processor to handle video playback and
3-D modelling. And then for laptops battery life  needs to be looked at.

Other than those (minor) issues -  I agree that any desktop/laptop PC is
adequate for course work. Anyone running something beyond the standard
productivity tools may simply need to be directed to speak with someone for
extra advice.