[Faccus] recommendations on student PC purchases

Mary Burden mary at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 26 16:13:05 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

We do have a page that recommends configurations but I see that it has
not been updated in over one year:
http://www.fes.uwaterloo.ca/computing/how_do_i/computer%20recommendations.pdf

I think it's tough to keep these pages current with the ever changing
technology.   When students call in to our Helpdesk we tell them that
most laptops they can  purchase through FutureShop and the like are
going to be sufficient for what they need in ES. We also tell them to
put in as much RAM as they can afford.

Mary