[Faccus] Software Updates

Sandra Laughlin laughlin at ist.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 30 15:44:26 EDT 2006

Afternoon everyone:
Hard to believe that we are already starting the fall term!
There are a few changes to the current software and they are:
                  Apple Mac OS - we are now entering into a three year
agreement for faculty and staff. The user must be at the current OS to buy
into the agreement. The cost is $120/copy and this allows for any upgrades
until August 2009.
                 Autodesk 7 - cost has increased to $125 yearly
                   ESRI - we will now be selling the standalone cd's that
are good for 365 days from point of installation. The cd says student copy
but we have permission to sell to our faculty and staff. The cost is $200
per cd and this is per machine due to the unique code for each cd.
                 Mathcad 13 is sold through the CHIP (not the webstore) and
the price is now $30 copy
                 XWin32 - cost has increased to $25/copy
                 Timbuktu - new software added, this is for Macs only and
the cost is $80/copy.
Enjoy the rest of our summer!
Sandy

Sandra Laughlin
  License Coordinator
Waterloo ON Canada N2L 3G1
(519)888-4567, x32014     Fax: (519)888-4331