[Dd2015] Veritas Investment Research: Financial Modeling Workshop & Bloomberg CodeCon

Math Business mathbus at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 7 16:39:53 EST 2016

If you missed our last DCF workshop, you’re in luck. We are excited to have Veritas Investment Research come this Thursday, March 3rd at 6:00 to present their financial modelling workshop. Come to MC 4063 to listen to Nigel D'Souza, a senior associate in equity research and alumni of University of Waterloo present. He will be discussing tips to break into the industry, DCFs and comparables, and a case study on Apple Inc!

Bloomberg CodeCon

We are excited to have Bloomberg come back to present CodeCon, a 2 hour programming contest on a e-learning platform created by programmers at Bloomberg on Friday, March 18th at EV3 - 1408. The event will run from 3:45 to 9:00, beginning with a talk on Machine Learning by Dr. James Zhang. Prizes for the winners include: Pebble Time Round Smartwatch, Sphero BB-8 Droid, and CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 for the top 3 participants!

If you can't make it to the competition, you can still join us for the machine Learning Tech Talk.

Food will be provided during the competition.
A deposit of $10 is required for registration, and will be returned at the event.
Spots are limited so sign up fast!

Registration: http://goo.gl/forms/0TWRw3QIzR

Hope to see you there!