[Compstats] [Fwd: Talk and grad interview with faculty candidate Jesse Hoey (Health informatics)]

Pascal Poupart ppoupart at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 18 08:55:48 EST 2010

Hi,

Although this is a health informatics talk, Jesse Hoey does a lot of
work in AI, including vision and machine learning.  I highly encourage
everyone to attend his talk today at 10:30am (see below).  I also
encourage everyone to meet with him on Tuesday at 3pm (see below).  He
is a great guy to talk to and very knowledgeable about many things from
physics, to computer vision, Markov decision processes and Alzheimer's
disease.

Pascal