[Compstats] compstats organizational meeting Wed @ 3pm DC2306C

Pascal Poupart ppoupart at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 12 07:36:07 EST 2010

Hi,

While we've officially had a computational statistics group for some
time (mainly composed of Shai, Wayne, Ali, Mu and Pascal's research
groups), we haven't done anything as a group.  I'd like to invite
everyone to an organizational meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) @ 3pm in the
AI lab (DC2306C).  I'll bring some refreshments.  The goal of the
meeting will be to:

* briefly introduce ourselves
* announce a machine learning seminar series sponsored by Google
* plan for internal seminar series to find out about each other's
research and perhaps foster new collaborations

Pascal

--
Pascal Poupart
Email: ppoupart at cs.uwaterloo.ca