[BSA] YBCP Excellence Awards | $500 each - BSA Members APPLY

BSA Waterloo bsa.uwaterloo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:07:18 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

*This is a message from YBCP ( Young Bangladeshi Canadian Professionals)

*
It is a pleasure for YBCP to announce that this year they will be awarding *3
Excellence Awards*, each valued at *$500*.

*WHY?*
YBCP is determined to identify budding leaders, who are fully engaged in the
community, have innovative ideas and driven to achieve academic excellence.
Awards of $500 will provide these students with incentives to continue
improving our community, implementing new ideas and maintaining a solid
academic record.

*Eligibility Criteria:*
In order to be eligible for an excellence award, an applicant must:
• Be of Bangladeshi origin
• Be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary institution
• Be a student in his or her 3rd or 4th year of full-time undergraduate
studies leading to a Bachelor's degree or diploma.

*Selection Criteria:*
There are four YBCP excellence award criteria:
• Leadership
• Good citizenship and community service
• Innovation
• Academic achievement

An applicant must address experiences that demonstrate their abilities in
all four of the above mentioned criteria in order to be considered for this
scholarship program.

*Application Download Link/Process:*
Collect the application by emailing: *ybcpaward at gmail.com* or from *
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmmnyemutim*.
Please fill out the YBCP Excellence Award application and answer each of the
questions. Include a copy of your transcript and contact information of two
referees, who we may contact for further inquiry regarding your application.

*Important Dates:*
• November 25, 2009: Application accessible online
• January 25, 2009: Applications deadline
• February 18, 2009: Interview with the Representative of the Scholarship
Committee
• February 25, 2009: Announcement of Award winners

If you have any question or concerns, please check the event page at *
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160854449521* or contact us at *
ybcpaward at gmail.com*.

We hope you will encourage your family and friends to apply and help us
recognize the deserving candidates in our community.  Of if the criteria
fits you, we hope you apply as well!

--
Bengali Students Association
University of Waterloo, ON