[BSA] Emergency Rally: Stop the Deporation of Bengali U of T Student!

BSA Waterloo bsa.uwaterloo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 23:16:19 EDT 2008

  Hey BSA,

This is a very important reminder about the upcoming rally for fellow
student and BSA exec/member, Saad Alam. Remember, the MORE people we have
the BETTER his chances are of staying. For more info, please call *Fariah
Chowdhury (647-836-8781)*.

*  Emergency Rally: Stop the Deporation of Bengali U of T Student!*

  U of T student *Saad Alam* and his family have been given a deportation
notice. We, the student community, will stand up for his right to complete
his education! Join the rally tomorrow at

Sidney Smith @ 12-1pm

Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=27365208151
Petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stop_Student_Deportations/index.html

Show our support for a fellow Bangladeshi student, and support a broader
campaign for access to education for all students, regardless of status, and
decreasing international student fees.

BSA's from UTSC, York, Ryerson and Waterloo will be present. Hundreds of
students, allies, media networks, clubs and even U of T faculty members have
endorsed the event and many will join the demo to stop the deporation of a
fellow student. Please come out!

Regards,

BSA

p.s. Please be aware that there will be high media coverage at the event,
with many politicians attending

--
Bengali Students Association
University of Waterloo, ON