[BSA] BSA meeting - ELECTION

BSA Waterloo bsa.uwaterloo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:44:04 EDT 2008

*<< NO BENGALI POLITICS ============ BSA ELECTION ============ NO BENGALI
POLITICS >>*

*ELECTION – TIME & LOCATION*

*THURSDAYDAY,  OCTOBER 9TH 2008*

*8:00pm – 9: 00 pm *

*SLC   3103*

* *

*Eid Mubarak & Happy Durga Puja!*

* *

*Elections are happening everywhere now. Thus, it's time for our own. *

* *

*We know this is a busy Midterm Week and full of assignments but it will be
greatly appreciated if you can spare just 1 hour and come out for the BSA
election. The meeting won't take very long. Please arrive on time. Sooner
everyone gets there, the faster we can get started.*

* *

*Also, remember the rules: keep it clean – keep it professional.*

*AVAILABLE POSITIONS*

*If anyone would like to run for the exec position, please look over the
descriptions.  We are looking for people who are highly motivated and will
be committed to BSA and its humanitarian goals and vision.*

*PRESIDENT*

   - Coordinate meetings and events, and work with the University
   - Inform members about plans, events, and activities
   - Stay in constant touch with BSA execs from other Universities
   - Held accountable and liable for critical situations

Note: You MUST have been a past-executive or assistant to the executive to
potentially qualify for this position. You must also be experienced with the
system and know things works on campus.

*VICE PRESIDENT*

   - Will work together with the president
   - Establish relations and communication between other student groups on
   campus
   - Second in charge - will takeover from the President in case of death or
   illness

*VP-FINANCE*

   - Responsible for money and money-related paperwork
   - Create and maintain accounting records of finances open for auditing
   - Head of Fundraiser programmes

*GENERAL SECRETERY*

   - Responsible for booking rooms and equipment for all meetings and events
   - Keep meeting minutes and record all activities during the term
   - Publish meeting minutes as part of the BSA Newsletter – this document's
   distributed worldwide

*FIRST YEAR REPRESENTATIVE*

   - Reach out to Frosh students and represent the voice of the First Year
   student body
   - Introduce social activism and humanitarian values in the South Asian
   community
   - Groomed for future leadership positions in BSA and other external
   organizations

*EVENT CO-ORDINATOR*

   - Responsible for promoting events on Waterloo & Laurier campuses.
   - In-charge of tickets sales.

*VP-CIO (Chief Information Officer)*

   - Responsible for maintaining (1) Mail Server, (2) Facebook group (3)
   Google calendar.
   - Handle Audio-Video assignments (promotional videos, slideshows, etc.)
   - Work with others on campus with similar roles

*2008-2009 COORDINATOR*

   - Work closely with all the execs and learn how everything works
   - Cannot be on a Co-op work term in Fall 2009
   - Responsible for passing all the information to next year's execs
   - Most likely candidate for following year's President

*See you all there!!*

*ELECTION – TIME & LOCATION*

* *

*THURSDAYDAY,  OCTOBER 9TH 2008*