[BSA] Free Movie - "The Pianist" - Monday, February 5

UW PSA uwaterloo.psa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 12:46:42 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

This email is just to let all of you know that this coming Monday, February
5 we will be showing the movie "The Pianist." Here's the information:

What: *"The Pianist"
*          "Defying Genocide"

Cost: *FREE!*

Where: *AL 116 *(Arts Lecture Hall, Room #116)

When: *Monday, February 5 @ 7:00 pm*

What it's about: "The Pianist" tells the story of the Jewish-Polish piano
player Wladyslaw Szpilman
                        and how be survived the Holocaust through his own
luck and the kindness of a
                        few strangers. Go to
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253474/ for more
                        information.

                       "Defying Genocide" is a brief documentary by the
United States Holocaust
                       Memorial Museum which tells the stories of two people
who's acts of kindness
                       and bravery saved many lives during both the
Holocaust and the Rwandan
                       Genocide.

What else: During the night we will be accepting donations to the Oxfam
Canadian Students for
                Darfur appeal to provide humanitarian aid to the surviving
victims of genocide in
                Darfur, Sudan today.

Please pass this email on to your friends and any other clubs that you might
belong to. We hope to see all of you at the movie!