[BSA] Intro and Minutes First Meeting

BSA, University of Waterloo bsa at watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Sep 30 20:57:34 EDT 2006

Hey everyone!!

I want to thank everyone for showing up to the first meeting; the turnout was
great!!
I hope everyone had a great time getting to know each other and congrats to
everyone who ran for executive positions.

Don’t worry if you didn’t step up to the plate this time around, BSA needs every
single individual, (irrespective of experience, year, program, whatever) to make
it the very best it can be!

Before I get to all the boring house-keeping stuff, I just want everyone to know
that we have our very own BSA FACEBOOK GROUP. Just search any of the following
words on Facebook and you should find it: Bangladeshis Waterloo // BSA Waterloo
// Bangladeshi Students. For anyone who doesn’t have Facebook, I strongly
encourage you to sign up! (www.facebook.com) It’s a great way to keep up to date
with future meetings, friends, etc.

The following is a brief summary of the minutes for the last meeting. In the
future, we’ll place these minutes in a separate word document so everyone can
keep save all the details if they can’t make it to any given meeting.

(The following was prepared by our brand new secretary, Tahbit Chowdhury. Good
job Tahbit!)

Ad Hoc Minutes from BSA29-09-06:

- Elections: All positions elected
- Constitution Amendments
- New members added to mailing list
- Next Meeting: Tuesday 5:00-6:00pm @ SLC (Room: TBA)

Agenda for BSA02-10-06:

- Discuss the new constitution
- Website ideas
- Prepare for Frosh Dinner Fall 2006 (Oct 11, 2006??)
- Event ideas (Cricket 101?? Movie Night??)

We’ll definitely send out a follow up e-mail tomorrow with more details as to
the location of the meeting. Don’t hesitate to reply with any comments you may
have.
Hope to see everyone soon!!

Rhyan Ahmed
Honours Economics
Special Events Exec.

Bangladeshi Students' Association (BSA),
University of Waterloo,
Ontario, Canada
Email: bsa at watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
       bsa.uwaterloo at gmail.com