[BSA] General Meeting for October 5, 2006
tareqismail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 22:34:59 EDT 2006
Here are just some notes from our last meeting...
MEETING NOTES - 10/05/2006
- Has been discussed and revised by Execs, will be submitted to
Feds by next Tuesday. Will be posted on website later on.
- Playing Cricket!
- If anyone wants to play cricket on the weekend, or even
tomorrow, there are going to be some pick-up games organized. Mushfik (
mushfik at gmail.com) sent out an email about it, but feel free to
contact him or Manzar( manzark at gmail.com) for more information.
- Watching Cricket!
- Bangladesh plays a cricket match this Friday! Rio and Manzar
have volunteered their lovely home to have the game shown! All
but contact Manzar( manzark at gmail.com) beforehand for more
details. I beleive the game is on Friday at 4:30AM, wait then
that might be
Saturday... Let's say its at Saturday at 4:30AM!
- The logo has been redesigned but due to the limitations of
Waterloo Wireless Internet, it wasn't shown at the meeting. Both
and new) will be shown at the next meeting and we will have a
vote on which
one to use!
- BSA Shirts!
- We will be ordering BSA shirts for everyone soon, they will be
around $15 dollars for short sleeve and $20 for long sleeve with any size
you wish. We will design the logo for the shirt and present it
at the next
meeting. So far we have decided to have it on a red shirt or black shirt
with white writing saying "PROUD TO BE BANGLADESHI".
Suggestions are still
open, but try to get them in as soon as possible!
- BSA Dinner
- The dinner has been redesigned!
- The BSA Dinner is now on Saturday October 14th from 7:30PM to
12:00AM at the SLC Multi-Purpose Room.
- Please have a light Iftar and join us for some amazing
bangladeshi food! There will be Chicken Roast, Kachi Biryani, Kababs, and
Salad! Along with a surpise dessert! The food is being made by a
professional 5-star Bangladeshi Chef (we're serious, we promise
you we won't
be cooking, we really are getting it from a real chef!), so you
- We will not be selling tickets as it will be a member party,
however you guys may invite anyone you like to come along.
- Admission will be $12 dollars and there will be different fun
events to be had! We need to fill in 40 spots guys, so try and get anyone
- We will be collecting the money, as we need it in advance to
buy the food, at the next meeting on Tuesday. So please try to
show up with
the fee, and if you know anyone who can't come to the meeting but still
wants to go to the dinner try to get the money from them and we'll write
their name on the guest list!
- You will need to bring your WatCard to the dinner as we must
verify your place on the guest list. If you wish to be added to the guest
list upon arrival, we will be accepting payments at the door; however, we
cannot guarantee this so PLEASE make every effort to pay in advance. (We
need the money to purchase the food =] )
- Once admitted to the event, everyone will receive a stamp so
you may leave and enter the multi-purpose room with ease.
- Awareness Week
- Will set up a booth for a Bangladeshi Awarness Week.
- Will most likely conisist of two days advertising our club and
- Think of ideas now! So we can get working on it as soon as
possible! Probably first week or so of Novemember, before the
- Bomber Party
- We are planning to rent out the Bomber for one HUGE BSA event
(Open to all of UW)!
- Tenatively set for Tuesday, November 14th.
- Bengali music, Indian music, and mainstream music were all
suggested to be played, however we will have a meeting for what
- The Bomber will take care of most of the organization so our
job is all in the PROMOTION!!
- We need to think up of advertising plans and will need
volenteers to sell tickets later on.
WHEN? 4:30PM to 5:30pm Tuesday, October 10th 2006
WHERE? SLC 2105B, same room as last time!
WHY? VERY IMPORTANT meeting to sort out final details for BSA Dinner and to
compile the guest list!
Anyone who hasn't been able to show up for meetings please try your best to
attend the next one, or at least let us know in advance! Okay guys hope to
see you next week, have a good long weekend!
Bangladeshi Students Association
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BSA