[Bridges] Bridges Aalto 2020: submission deadline and invited speakers

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Jan 19 17:07:05 EST 2020

Bridges Aalto 2020
Mathematics, Art, Music, Architecture, Education, Culture
Aalto University & University of Helsinki
Helsinki and Espoo, Finland

Conference: 1–5 August, 2020
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2020/

Bridges Aalto 2020 will feature talks and artworks presenting the newest ideas in mathematics and the arts from experts around the world, including regular and short papers, invited talks, hands-on workshops, a visual art exhibition, a short film festival, a public day, several performance events related to mathematics and art, and an excursion.

Submissions

Our call for submissions page is available, with calls for regular papers, short papers, workshop papers, artworks, and short films. The call for submissions to the Math + Fashion show will be available soon. The deadline for submitting regular papers is 1 February, less than two weeks from now. We look forward to receiving your submissions!

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2020/2020-call-for-submissions/

Invited Speakers

We are pleased to announce the first of our distinguished invited speakers, who will be giving plenary talks during the conference: Miri Golan, Paul Jackson, Carola-Bibiane Schoenlieb, Daina Taimina, Jeff Weeks, and Jessica Wynne. Please visit the Invited Speakers page for more information on each of them. Check back again as we update the page with additional speakers.

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2020/2020-invited-speakers/

Travel and Accommodations

We have also posted some information related to travel and accommodations, as well as a high-level schedule overview, which should help start to make your Bridges travel plans. Those pages will be updated with additional details as we get closer to the conference.

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2020/2020-travel-and-accommodations/
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2020/2020-program/

We look forward to seeing you in Finland in August!

Sincerely,
The Bridges Organization