[Bridges] Bridges Finland 2016

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 23 16:08:18 EST 2015

BRIDGES FINLAND 2016
Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Education, Culture
University of Jyväskylä, Finland

Conference: August 9-13, 2016 (Tuesday–Saturday)
Excursion Day: August 13
http://bridgesmathart.org

Jyväskylä (pronounced YOU-was-q-la) is the largest city in central Finland.  Bridges Finland 2016 will feature talks and artworks presenting the newest ideas in mathematics and the arts from experts around the world, including regular and short papers, invited talks, hands-on workshops, a Visual Art Exhibition, a Short Movie Festival, a Musical Event, a Theater Event, a Mathematical Poetry Event, a Giant Zometool Construction, and an excursion.

The Bridges Organization is pleased to announce the launch of the Bridges 2016 Student Travel Scholarship program:

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2016/2016-student-travel-scholarship/

We are also pleased to announce some of our keynote speakers and panel presenters, with more to come:

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2016/2016-speakers-coordinators/

We invite submissions of new work in mathematical art in several categories.

Call for Papers:

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-call-for-papers/

Deadlines:

  Regular Papers: submissions are due by February 1, 2016. (6 or 8 pages)
  Short Papers: submissions are due by March 15, 2016. (2 or 4 pages)
  Workshop Papers: submissions are due by March 2, 2016. (2, 4, 6, or 8 pages)
  Art Exhibition: Submission period: 15 February–15 March 2015.
  Short Movie Festival: Submission period: 15 April–15 May 2015.

Location: We invite you to watch a short video introduction to Bridges Finland 2016 on the conference website:

  http://bridgesmathart.org

Looking forward to seeing you in Jyväskylä this coming August!

Sincerely,
The Bridges Organization