[Bridges] Bridges 2013: extended paper deadline and new keynote speaker

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 29 15:20:34 EST 2013

We are pleased to make two important announcements:

 * There will be a keynote talk by Sir Harold Walter Kroto, Nobel laureate in chemistry, with Robert Curl and Richard Smalley, for their discovery of Buckminsterfullerene, a molecule made up of 60 carbon atoms occupying the vertices of a truncated icosahedron.

   More information about speakers at

       http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/2013-speakers-coordinators/

 * Due to some requests by Bridges participants, the submission deadline for regular papers has been extended from 1 February to 4 February, in order to grant the weekend to authors.  We look forward to your submissions!

The remainder of this message contains the same information that was sent out in our announcement of 14 January.

------------------
Join us for Bridges 2013 in Enschede, the Netherlands!

A Collaborative Effort by
 University of Twente
 Saxion University of Applied Sciences
 Qua Art Qua Science
 The City of Enschede
 The Bridges Organization

BRIDGES ENSCHEDE 2013
Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture
27-31 July 2013 (Saturday-Wednesday)
Excursion Day: Wednesday July 31
Family Day: Sunday July 28, 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM
http://www.bridgesmathart.org/

The 2013 Bridges Conference will feature talks and artworks presenting the latest ideas in mathematics and the arts from experts around the world, including regular and short papers, invited talks, hands-on workshops, a visual art exhibition, a short movie festival, a musical event, a theater event, and an excursion.

Call for submissions
--------------------

We invite submissions of new work in mathematical art in several categories.

Papers:

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/2013-call-for-papers/

 * Deadline for regular papers: 4 February 2013 (formerly 1 February)
 * Deadline for workshop papers: 1 March 2013
 * Deadline for short papers: 15 March 2013

 * Acceptance notification: 30 March 2013
 * Final paper submissions: 30 April 2013 (Papers are published in camera-ready format in a printed proceedings at the time of the conference)

Art Exhibition:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/2013-art-exhibition/

 * Submission period: 15 February - 15 March 2013
 * Acceptance notification: 15 April 2013

Short movie festival:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/2013-short-movie-festival/

 * Submission period: 15 April - 15 May 2013
 * Acceptance notification: 1 June 2013

Other events

We will be hosting a variety of additional events as part of Bridges 2013 including Family Day (see www.familyday.hu) and Excursion Day.

Location
--------

We invite you to watch a short video introduction to Bridges 2013, Enschede, the Netherlands on the following page:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2013/

We look forward to seeing you in Enschede this coming July!