[Bridges] Announcing Bridges 2012!

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 22 10:25:57 EST 2011

Join us for Bridges 2012 at Towson University, located in the
Baltimore Metropolitan area, Maryland, USA!

BRIDGES 2012
Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture
Towson University
25-29 July 2012
http://www.bridgesmathart.org/

We are pleased to announce that the conference will open with plenary
talks by Nobel laureate John C. Mather of NASA's Goddard Flight
Center, and Ingrid Daubechies, president of the International
Mathematical Union (host of the International Congress of
Mathematicians).

The 2012 Bridges Conference will feature talks and artworks presenting
the latest ideas in mathematics and the arts from experts around
the world, including regular and short papers, invited talks,
hands-on workshops, a visual art exhibition, a short movie festival,
a musical event, a theater event, and an excursion.

Call for submissions
--------------------

We invite submissions of new work in mathematical art in several
categories.

Papers
[http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-call-for-papers/]

 * Deadline for regular papers: 1 February 2012
 * Deadline for workshop papers: 1 March 2012
 * Deadline for short papers: 15 March 2012

 * Acceptance notification: 30 March 2012
 * Final paper submissions: 30 April 2012

Art Exhibition
[http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-art-exhibition/]

 * Submission period: 15 February - 15 March 2012
 * Acceptance notification: 15 April 2012

Short movie festival
[http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-short-movie-festival/]

 * Submission period: 15 May - 15 June 2012
 * Acceptance notification: 30 June 2012

Other events
------------

We will be hosting a variety of additional events as part of Bridges
2012.  Please visit these links for more details about each.

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-speakers-coordinators/
  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-mime-matics-night/
  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-excursion-day/
  http://www.familyday.hu/

Location
--------

We invite you to watch a short video introduction to Bridges 2012,
Towson and the university.

  http://vimeo.com/31222127

Please visit these links for further information about conference
registration and accommodations.

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-registration/
  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2012/2012-accommodations/

We look forward to seeing you in Towson this coming July!

Sincerely,
The Bridges Organization.