[Bridges] Bridges 2009 begins in 12 days

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jul 15 11:03:11 EDT 2009

Renaissance Banff II

BRIDGES BANFF

Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture

Banff International Research Station
The Banff Centre
Banff, Alberta, Canada

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2009/

The 2009 Bridges conference is set to begin on July 26th, a mere 12
days from now!  We'd like to take this opportunity to remind you of
some of the activities we have planned for the conference.

*** THE PROGRAM ***

A full program is now available at

  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2009/2009-program/

Please visit that page to see the many invited talks, regular and
short paper presentations, and workshops we have planned for the
conference.

*** MOVIE NIGHT ***

We are planning a screening of the award-winning documentary
Between the Folds, about the art and science of paperfolding.
Expert folders Erik Demaine, Robert Lang and Chris Palmer from
the film will all be in attendance.

*** EXCURSION ***

Banff is nestled in the Canadian Rockies, one of the most
beautiful places in the entire world.  We are planning a
full afternoon excursion to some of the region's scenic spots.

*** MUSIC NIGHT ***

One evening will be devoted to music, both by professional
musicians at The Banff Centre and any attendees eager to perform.

We hope you'll join us in Banff for the wonderful event.  See you
soon!

The Bridges Organization.